Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Swap Bag, I can finally show you!

Okay, So first of all this is the LOVELY, SPLENDID, Japanese Bag Pattern Book I used.
The ISBN is: 4-89396-930-7. I think it is called Coturier un sac, Or Designer handbags?Just a few of my fave pages. It comes with a pull out pattern sheet. If you've used Burda magazine pattern pages before, using this is easy. A bit tricky for first timers. But there is lots of help on the net, i can send you a list of helpful sites, just email me.So here is the bag I made for Mandy in the Handbag/tote Swap. (Top left hand picture)Close up of Pleats and strap. Close up of pleats and zipper.
I used some vintage Polyester from my stash, I fused it to some heavyweight interfacing so it would have enough body. I used cotton fabric for the lining, sorry no pic.
It's the first time I've done pleats on a bag and I did have a bit of trouble with attaching the lining but overall I am happy with it.
I got the chance to hangout with some crafty friends today. I have some cards to finish off tonight. I'll hope fully have some more loveliness to show you tomorrow.
Bless,
Mel

2 comments:

  1. How talented you are Mel!!! This bag is STUNNING mate! LOVE LOVE LOVE your shares :)
    And thanks so much for the clothing for the boys too honey - you are such a gem.
    Love and God's blessings to you,
    Lus x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bag!! The fabric is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.
Comments are always welcome and appreciated.