Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Swap on Craftster

The first swap I have finished recently is the Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Swap in which we could only use things that were either going to land fill or second hand. Thus leaving a smaller footprint on the environment. I was able to use up quite a lot of stuff from my stash, which was good. I also got a few things from work as well.
First off, this lovely bag. Recognise the pattern? It's one I've been wanting to try for a while, Oh Frasson's Margaret Bag.  The bag was a bit bigger than I thought it would be but it was still perfect for my swap partner. The fabric I bought at an opshop years ago and was just waiting for the right project. I still have a little bit left. The only modification I did to the pattern was using fusible interfacing instead of  sew-in interfacing and it still worked out okay.
The lining fabric, which I was given in a previous swap (my partner loves paisley so it was perfect)
A grocery tote made out of a t-shirt. Soo easy to do and a very appropriate theme
Some velcro top snack bags made out of an old pair of pants and a top.
And my most favourite item that I made. A necklace using some old jewellery I already had as well as a pearl necklace I got from an  opshop and some one cent coins we used at work for tracking jobs. I polished up the coins so they were a really shiny copper and when I had finally fished this piece and I tried it on I almost kept it for myself. It has such a lovely weight to it and it sat so perfect on my neck. BUT I sent it. And I am glad I did because my swap partner has a love of one cent coins (that I didn't know about) and she was excited.

Close up of the coins.
Thanks you to my swap partner Ralph from Craftster for taking these photos for me. As mine are on my old dead computer and no where near as nice as these.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks wonderful, and is made better by being Green ;)
    I love that necklace, too! I would totally wear it. You make some fabulous jewelry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.
Comments are always welcome and appreciated.