Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Can Anyone Help?

Now I know you are all very clever chickies, and hopefully some of you speak french.
I want to get either a bracelet or necklace made, which is engraved with a verse that used to be inscribed on the inside of wedding rings in the mid 17th to 18th centuries.. I think.
I wrote it down along time ago and have lost the french translation and would love to have it engraved in the original french.
It translates roughly as:
"My mind is everywhere, but my heart is with you"
If you could leave me a comment with the french translation I would be very, very greatful.
Thanks,
Mel

3 comments:

  1. Mon esprit est partout, mais mon coeur avec vous

    My mind is everywhere, but my heart is with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa!
    I really appreciate your help on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry if this is too late, but I think she may have missed a word:

    Mon esprit est partout, mais mon coeur EST avec vous

    though it's understandable either way (est means is)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.
Comments are always welcome and appreciated.