Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Be still my beating heart!

I Love Burda! Seriously, best pattern mag ever. I got this June 1978 edition from an op shop a while back but I thought I would share a few trends that were HOT in summer 1978. And seriously, I think we may have continually regurgitated them since.
The ever trendy colour.......White. Seen here in dress form. A take on the Spanish,
Nautical, OMG, I love the accessories! Hats, scarves, bags, and aviator sunglasses. Note the navy socks with white shoes. And what you always wanted.. A towel dress! But seriously, I could see both the swimsuit and hoodie being worn on any given beach this summer.Yet another reminder why I need to learn to crochet. What girl wouldn't want to be covered in a coral reef?And don't forget the kiddies (sorry, this pick is a bit blurry)
I am in love with the prints on the dresses.Going to the beach? Why not make yourself one of these the night before. You will be the envy of everyone who passes by. And it converts into your very own change room.. so handy! And I couldn't not share the apron love.... Gingham, quirky patch pockets.....
Thank you Burda.
And thank you for an English supplement.
So what do you think?
Do you love Burda too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.
Comments are always welcome and appreciated.