Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's been way too long.....

Since my last post. We have been sick, then well, then sick and laryngitis, then finally well.
And i hope we stay healthy now. I learnt the other week that you should always air out your house after you've been sick so as to get rid of the bugs lurking in the air. So the house has been getting a really good airing.
I started some Christmas cards which i think are just lovely. I wanted to use my bird stamp. and the phrase i bought last year and didn't use.... the background is scrapbook paper with a distressed look and i haven't played with layers too much so the flower has green for the back flower (cuttlebug dandelion die) and a pretty red for the front (cut by hand...very tedious, shouldn't lend out giant flower punch).

I really like the over all effect.
Stamping on fabric is my new favourite thing to do. I made this bag for a swap i was involved in for one of my yahoo groups. each handbag has a sequin and bead embroidered in the middle.


I love the overall effect and when i finished i wanted to keep the bag for myself. But i sent and the recipient LOVED it. I has a deep pocket on the front and back and a pocket in the inside as well.

I used fabrico inks for the stamping and it was alot easier than i thought it would be.
This week i am making BFF bags for my daughter and starting on another bag for a swap (which i am totally lost for ideas on).
Thanks for stopping by,
Bless,
Mel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.
Comments are always welcome and appreciated.