Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Belated Merry Christmas,

I had a crazy Christmas week. What about you? I ended up working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so everything still feels like a blur.
We had a lovely Christmas, opening presents, singing carols, visiting family and eating way too much yummy food. I must get the recipe for my uncle's Panatone bread and butter pudding. YUM.

I am looking forward to the new year and have decided 09 is going to be the year of finishing up all the unfinished projects.
I have decided that I need to detox in January. My health, (i put on a couple of extra kilos these past few months), my surroundings (where does all this clutter come from... I blink and it's multiplied), my finances ( i didn't go too overboard with spending this season but i have got some big bills coming up towards the middles of the year).
So where to start?
I have committed myself to only buying essentials in January and putting the extra money aside for later in the year. That means no Spotlight, no opshops, no fast food, no buying bottled water, just food, petrol, bills etc,
This is going to be really hard for me. really hard and I am still not sure as to where to draw the line. Can I get photos developed? I don't know.... I think I need to ask some questions, "Do I really need this? Can I live without this? Do i already have something at home that can do the job?" hmmm... still need to think and talk it through.
I don't want to give myself an impossible task because I am more likely to fail, but at the same time I want to be focused on my goals and intentions and set a good example for my family.

What do you think? Have you ever done something like this? I would love to hear from you on this one. All thoughts are greatly appreciated!
I hope you have a great week and enjoy the new year festivities,
Bless,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.
Comments are always welcome and appreciated.